Monday, May 26, 2014

May 25th,2014

Dear family,
      Well here we are. Starting down the home stretch. I can hardly believe that I'll be flying home in 6 weeks! It seems unreal! It feels like I have been in Vacaville with elder wride for like my whole life and that it will never change! But unfortunately, things always change and nothing good lasts forever, (except for our families). So we got transfer information Friday night and for the last transfer of my mission I will be returning to Shiloh park!! My very first area!! Isn't that crazy? I still can't believe that. But it should be exciting. It will be cool to see old friends again that I made when I was there the first time! Except last time I was there I ate like crazy....so I'm scared that I'm going to gain instead of lose. I have thought about just starving myself all day and eating all my calories at dinner but that's probably not the best idea...haha but I'm not too worried about it...as you know. 
        I will be very sad to leave Vacaville. I have gotten very close with the members and my companion and so for that reason it will be hard to leave. If I could have come home this transfer it would have been the perfect ending! But that's from my perspective right now. I'm sure that will change...for the most part. I already know the ward is awesome and the area is awesome so hopefully my companion is awesome. It just won't be like my companionship now. Haha these last three transfers have been the ultimate companionship. We are legends (in our own minds)! But seriously it has been so fun!! It's been hitting us that are time Is finally over and it's been lame. I'm really gonna miss elder wride. We are like brothers. I don't know who I'll be able to talk to for the next six weeks!! Really, though it can't really express how fun it has been. It just won't ever be the same. 
       Bro beauchamp told us that in 4 and a half years of working with zone leaders we are his favorite! He also told me that him and pres. Pedderson(member of the stake presidency) both talked to president alba in an effort to keep us together for one more month. But it obviously didn't work haha. That would have been awesome. I will miss bro beauchamp a lot. He has been one of the most influential people on my mission. I have had a lot of questions come up over the past six months and he has really helped me understand and find answers. So I'm thankful for that. We had a BBQ at his house on Saturday so that was really fun. 
      We are going over to the hancocks for lunch today!! Sis Hancock is awesome. She is one of the members that I have gotten the closest to since I have been on my mission. On Saturday we went to a baptism in woodland for a guy named jimmy that elder wride helped to teach a lot. Jimmy asked him to speak. So we asked the hancocks to drive us over and they said they would! It was just such a fun night driving with them and seeing the baptism! On the way home we stopped at Krispy Kreme....I never knew how good those doughnuts were until this month....they are like crack!! So it was just a really fun night and I am really gonna miss them a lot! 
       Right now we are at the stake presidents house emailing haha press Bennett is awesome. I will miss him too. I have had the amazing opportunity to sit in many meetings with him and with his counselors and with other great great men and watch and listen to them plan and coordinate the work here in Vacaville. It has been priceless experience to be among such great men and powerful spiritual leaders. I will miss them. They have taught me a lot. 
       Well today is crazy and we have a lot to do so I will keep this one short. I love you and miss you! Today marks the beginning of the end! I can hardly believe it. I look forward to your letters! Have a great week! 
       It is so weird that it's a holiday! It doesn't even register in my brain. Everyone has work off and stuff today. It's weird. It's a normal day for me...well kinda...transfer pdays are the worst. anyways love you! 
Love e. Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment