Monday, November 19, 2012

November 19th, 2012

Hello
These past two weeks have been very frustrating for me. After doing everything we could to help our investigators progress and to move forward, we have had to watch them take more and more steps backward. I'm not frustrated out of anger or pride, I am frustrated because I feel that I have done all that I can and that still these people are choosing not to ACT for themselves. If they don't do the fathers will than they will never know of the doctrine and gain a testimony. They know that the doctrine is good that the church is good that the Book of Mormon is good, they don't doubt that. They just don't know that it is true, that it is right, and that the blessings awaiting them are real, Because they wont consistantly act. That is the most frustrating thing that I have been dealing with. Is that people are refusing to act and do the simple things so that they can gain a testimony of the big things. .
I have seen some very great progression made in the lives of Charlie and Selia only to run into a wall. Selia and Charlie have chosen to postpone their wedding until they can afford something nice. which could be a while. It is sad to see the people that I love so much chose to continue in sin and prolong the blessings of heaven that could be theirs if they were obedient.
It is the same with many of our investigators. We have 5 that have a baptismal date and all of them have testimonies of much of the gospel but they have sins that are holding them back and binding them down. We are doing all we can for them but in the end the people have to chose to act on their own desires and be motivated by their testimony and faith. Even though I would gladly do anything for these people, in the end they have to chose and act for themselves.
Elder Borland is doing great and has made a lot of progress in his teaching. I have seen his confidence increase dramatically and he is going to be a great leader and teacher among other missionaries someday. I can see that great potential in him as I have served with him. I am proud to call him my son!
I look forward to another week and to the miracles and tender mercies that the lord will provide. I am so thankful for his guidance in my life.  I am very happy and having a blast. Like i said in the beginning though.. it is frustrating at times.
I cant wait to talk to you guys at Christmas.(if we are still alive that is..hehe) I dislike emails. I wish I could have like a camera attached to me and you could just see and hear everything. Maybe i will hire a camera man and do a live feed video to your t.v. OH even better would be like a video log at the end of each day and it would just be sent to you every night.
I love you guys and will be missing you this weekend over thanksgiving!  I hope you are enjoying the snow! I am loving the rain!!
Have a great week everyone my time is up! Love you!
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment