Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25th ,2013


Hey FAmily!!!!!!!
I Know you are probably going to be very angry but I need to keep this short! SO... This week has been good! I was re united with Elder Anderson my MTC comp and Elder Welch as they are both in my zone now! Elder Welch and Anderson and I drove to ukiah from transfers together so that was pretty fun!
I am loving being on bike!! We get to talk to so many people each day and and it is really good exercise! Plus the weather is also really good! Except it does still get pretty freezing at night...
Elder Kunz my new companion is pretty cool! It will be a very interesting companionship and transfer. But I will expound more on that later when I can better describe it and have more than a few days with him.
The apartment that i am staying in is called the PINK PALACE because it is all pink!! So that is pretty funny. I remember Elder Stainback was telling me about it! It is a nice apartment!! Oh just so you know I am still a district leader! I forgot to mention that! Actually elder kunz and i are both district leaders so i guess the correct term is Co-district leaders!
 
So just a quick miracle, elder kunz and i contacted this girl named Ashley, she is like 20 and has two kids and just wants to get her life in order. you could tell she has been through a lot! As we started to contact her it was very apparent how prepared she was!!! We taught her about the restoration a little bit and gave her a book of Mormon AND invited her to be baptized!! She accepted and told us to come back!! We went by again last night and she said that she couldn't sleep the night that we talked to her and so she picked up the book and started to read it and...SHE READ ALL NIGHT! She loved it and couldn't get enough of it!! She felt so empowered and excited as she read!! I was so pumped!!! It was great experience and my testimony was strengthened in the book of Mormon and that PEOPLE are being prepared by angels!!!!!! I know this church is true and that this is the greatest work anyone can do is share the gospel! I love it!!
I hope you are all doing great! Thank you for your letters this week! They are always a source of great str4enth and comfort to me!! I love you
Elder Nelson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment