Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10th ,2013

Dear Family,
    
     So lets see, what happened this week... Oh yeah we went to the temple on thursday!! It was so fun! I LOVE going to the temple. I could stay in the celestial room all day. Also I can talk about pretty cool things in there with other elders that we cant normally talk about! It is so fun! I got to see alot of my mission buddies because it just so happened that like four other Zones also decided on that day for their temple trip so it was super fun! Ill attatch some photos.
     Ken and Felice accepted a Baptismal date this week! It was cool. I was a little nervous when I invited them because I got the feeling that they were more wanting us to come over to study and learn than to change and commit. So it was a little tense for a moment or two but then they agreed! I always feel the spirit so strongly when I invite someone to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. It is pretty cool to think that the only ones who can open the doors of the celestial kingdom to the people in this area is us, the missionaries. Our president has the keys to all convert baptisms but his keys are exercised through us. We are the only ones with authority who can invite others to be baptized. ( i dont know if that is doctrinally sound comment but you get what i am saying)
   We truly have a great work to do because it is through us the lords Servants that the Purpose of God is fulfilled, Gods purpose is to bring to pass the immortality and Eternal Life of man. By fulfilling my purpose as a missionary I assist God in fulfilling his purpose. And it is the same for all missionaries member missionaries included. No wonder the greatest and most important duty is to preach the gospel!! I love thinking about that. The work I am about is so great and I love being a small part in it!!
    Guess what! Today I am going fishing! So I will need to cut this a lil bit short so that I can get to it! I am going to catch a huge catfish! (clear lake is like number 4 for catfish in the nation) So hopefully i have some good pictures for you this next week!
    I love you all!
Love Elder Nelson
    

No comments:

Post a Comment