Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21st, 2013

Dear Family,
Whats up! I am so thankful for your letters! I love hearing from each of you and I can always count on getting them every Thursday or friday. So... i gotta be quick cause I really want to play some basketball! So!
This week has been sweet! Elder ------ and I are doing great! It is amazing what can happen when you have a companion that wants to be obedient and works with you! We have had some great experiences already!
So Elder ----- is from Mapleton Utah and he went to springville high. He played baseball so his parents are sending his glove...wohoo!! He has been out on his mission I think nine weeks now. It is weird because he had to go home for a bit in the MTC. (I didnt ask why it doesnt matter.) But he went home and came back and it was in the middle of a transfer that he came out. So yeah. He has been out less than two transfers. But he is awesome and had a good trainer so I haven't seen to much disobedient tendencies! He wants to be a good missionary! We are going to do work!
I am still a district leader but my district is different. I have two Sisters in my district, Sister Parker and Sister Saili. Sister Saili just got here from the salt lake temple square mission! She is a great missionary! They do some cool stuff at the temple square mission. Except for the fact that it sounds like a sorority at a college!
The other two in my district are Elder Wykle again and Elder Cartwright one of our Zone leaders. It will be great to have them in my district!
They are doing this new thing where the Zone leaders live together but have different companions. This is  basicaly to allow them to be able to train a new missionary this next transfer. Many of the Zone Leaders are already training this transfer.We GOT 13 NEW MISSIONARIES AND ONE 18 YEAR OLD. Next transfer we will be getting 28 NEW MISSIONARIES and most of them will be 18! Plus only four missionaries are going home! That is a huge increase! We are all pretty excited about that!!
Well my time is up! I have to tell you though that we are experiencing some awesome miracles while tracting! The past couple of days we have found three new investigators! They are seriously aweosme though!! They are Wallace Solomon, Linda and Silverio, and Dori! Please keep them in your prayers that they will have soft hearts and that they will accept the message we have to share with them! We also have some other great new investigators that we picked up from some referrals! Super sick! We are so excited!! But If i dont go play basketball i am going to go crazy cause last week we didnt do anything because of transfers!!  
well...that is all i can remember to tell you. I am distracted right now! The weather here is AMAZING. it is 70 degrees today!!! I love it!!
Have a great week everyone and I love you!
I love being a missionary!!
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment