Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25th, 2013

Dear Family, 

We had the most amazing weekend!!! I felt the windows of heaven opening upon us!!! I literally felt the spirit being poured over our area. Specifically hoopa!   This week was our monthly sacrament meeting in Hoopa and after weeks of coming out here trying to find and invite and teach the best we can... it really paid off. It was a huge turn out! We had over 50 people show up! Over thirty of them were from the hoopa area!!! It was amazing. People just kept showing up!!  I will tell you what. There is not a better feeling out there than seeing weeks of work and effort and frustration and persistence in teaching and inviting and finding , pay off in a single moment. All our solid investigators came to church today. We had eight!! We picked up two new investigators at the meeting afterwards when we taught them and set a return appointment for Tuesday! All the less actives we have been teaching and calling came to the meeting! And the members who we have been doing our best to work with brought friends and family that aren't members. What I saw in hoopa last night was a glimpse at what missionary work is like when all are equally yoked!!! The members, the missionaries, the spirit, all acting on our faith in Jesus Christ and his gospel!!!

And that is only the beginning. One of our members from hoopa, bro Joseph gave a powerful talk and testimony on the Book of Mormon. Elder scalese and I followed it up with a short lesson on the Holy Ghost and it's role in teaching us truth! The spirit was powerful! Hearts were softened and faith was strengthened. it was one of the best if not the best moment on my mission up to this point. In fact as I type I feel so full of love and gratitude for my savior and Heavenly Father who have guided us and directed us as we have gone about his work. It is because of them that all this happened!! I'm just so thankful he has given me the chance to be a part of it. I really can't describe in words how I feel. My cup is overflowing today.

So yeah It was awesome. This week should be sweet. Especially when we go out to hoopa. We might have to start going twice a week if we are not able to meet with all of the people we need to see. So that is exciting. With that many people attending each month I think a branch is in the future! That is more than the Miranda branch has and it has been there a long time!! I was down in Miranda on exchanges this week. It is a teeny building. It would be a whole different experience to serve in a tiny branch that is for sure!

 Love you!! 
Elder nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment